Andrei Tchmil was born on January 22, 1963 in Khabarovsk, Russia. Professional road cycling racer. Multiple winner of prestigious one-day classic races.
- Worked as coordinator of the International Union of Cyclists in Eastern Europe and the CIS
- Minister of Sports (2006-2008)
- President of Moldavian Cycling Federation (2008-2014)
- President of the “Katyusha” professional bicycle team
- Champion of the Soviet Union in the group race (1992)
- World Cup Winner (1999)
- Paris – Roubaix Winner (1994)
- Paris – Tours Winner (1997)
- Milan – San Remo Winner (1998)
- Five times participated in the Tour de France
Professional activityIn 2010 founded the company “Masterteh” and own brand “Andrei Tchmil Bike Company”, which is the only domestic bicycle manufacturer in Moldova.